Updated: The “Crowdfunding Essentials” Seminar has come and gone, but you can still learn more about starting your crowdfunding project by reading our free articles in “The Musician’s Guide to Crowdfunding.”
Crowdfunding is a fairly new method that artists have been using to pay for albums, tours, music videos, movies, books, and other creative projects. At Go Forth Music, we recently completed a successful crowdfunding project on Kickstarter to fund a college promo compilation (see the project here). Because of the funds we raised, none of the artists had to pay a participation fee and they will get exposure on college campuses across the US.
- Determining your funding goals
- Crowdfunding platforms
- Promoting your crowdfunding project
- Challenges to running a successful crowdfunding campaign
Rosalinda Ruiz (Artist Manager) – Successfully engineered a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter for her clients, A.Dd+, that raised $2120 for their first album. See their project here.
Rebecca Comerford and Sequina DuBose (Artists) – Successfully raised $5771 on Kickstarter to complete an opera house audition tour throughout Germany and Austria. See their project here.
More panelists to be announced in the coming week.
The cost is $20, which covers:
- Admission to the 1 hour webinar (a 5-10 minute overview of crowdfunding, a 15-20 minute moderated panel, and 30 minutes of Q&A)
- A copy of Go Forth Music’s “Guide to Crowdfunding” that includes helpful checklists, suggestions, templates, and worksheets to help you get your project going (a $15 value)
- A 30 minute consultation session with Go Forth Music to help launch your crowdfunding project (a $40 value)
Want more (free!) DIY music tips?
Subscribe to the DIY Music Insider. Every Tuesday, you'll get tips, tools and resources to help you get more done, reach more fans and make more money.
As a bonus, you'll also get a copy of The DIY Musician's Tech Toolbox, a must-have resource list of tools that will help you manage your music career like a pro!