Crowdfunding has quickly become a popular method of raising money for creative projects. Over the past few months, we’ve been putting The Musician’s Guide to Crowdfunding together, a collection of articles and resources breaking down the ins-and-outs of raising money for your next album, tour, music video, or other musical venture. Check it out below:
- Choosing Crowdfunding to Raise Money: Why should you use crowdfunding to raise money for your next album? Read this article to find out.
- Budgets, Pledge Amounts, and Rewards: Determining the right pledge amounts and rewards is essential to maximizing the amount of money you raise during your crowdfunding campaign.
- Getting Started with Kickstarter (For Musicians): We put our own words into action and completed a Kickstarter project to raise money for a compilation album. This article walks you through our Kickstarter project setup.
- 3 Lessons from Kickstarter’s Most Successful Music Project: Julia Nunes recently set the record for Kickstarter’s most successful music crowdfunding project, raising $77,888 over her campaign. We dissected it.
- Promoting your crowdfunding campaign and getting pledges.
- Choosing the right crowdfunding platform.
- Fulfilling your rewards.
- Following us on Twitter
- Subscribing to our email list
- Becoming a fan of our Facebook page
- Checking our site frequently for updates.
Want more (free!) DIY music tips?
Subscribe to the DIY Music Insider. Every Tuesday, you'll get tips, tools and resources to help you get more done, reach more fans and make more money.
As a bonus, you'll also get a copy of The DIY Musician's Tech Toolbox, a must-have resource list of tools that will help you manage your music career like a pro!